- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said that the Affordable Care Act will have funded the construction of more than 300 new community health centers by 2014. Sixty-seven have been completed so far, it said.
- Nearly 200 local clinics have also undergone renovations because of the law, and that number will rise to roughly 675 in the next two years, the Department said.
- Overall, the Affordable Care Act and the Recovery Act have given 3 million additional patients access to clinics since they were enacted
- An additional 1.3 million patients will have access to community healthcare in the next two years
- Seniors have saved $3.4 billion on prescription drugs because of the healthcare law.
- In the first three months of 2012 alone, more than 220,000 people saved an average of $837 on the prescription drugs they purchased after they hit the prescription drug donut hole.
- from January through March 8.9 million people in traditional Medicare received at least one preventive service at no cost to them
Good luck with that Mitt.
Happy Birthday, from President Obama…