- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said that the Affordable Care Act will have funded the construction of more than 300 new community health centers by 2014. Sixty-seven have been completed so far, it said.
- Nearly 200 local clinics have also undergone renovations because of the law, and that number will rise to roughly 675 in the next two years, the Department said.
- Overall, the Affordable Care Act and the Recovery Act have given 3 million additional patients access to clinics since they were enacted
- An additional 1.3 million patients will have access to community healthcare in the next two years
- Seniors have saved $3.4 billion on prescription drugs because of the healthcare law.
- In the first three months of 2012 alone, more than 220,000 people saved an average of $837 on the prescription drugs they purchased after they hit the prescription drug donut hole.
- from January through March 8.9 million people in traditional Medicare received at least one preventive service at no cost to them
Good luck with that Mitt.
Happy Birthday, from President Obama…
North Carolina Man Desperately Commits a Crime in attempt to get Prison Health Care
When I look at this man I don’t see a Criminal I see a Desperate Sick Man who is trying to Survive and possibly save his Life. His eyes are sad showing a life that has suffered and is struggling. Many news stations were telling his story, but they kept focusing on his alleged “Crime” , and making accusations or even joking questioning his Sanity. Not one station reported his situation for the Crisis it is. And Truthfully maybe it is a Crime that we don’t have Health care for All at this point, for if we did he would not have had to choose the Path he chose…..
Let’s Learn more about this man and what led to his “Crime”. Richard James Verome is 59 years old. He worked for Coca Cola for over 17 years as a Delivery Driver taking care of his customers. Three years ago he was laid off, and since then he has struggled to find work and keep a roof over his head. He finally found part time work at a convenience store. But the long hours standing and the lifting led to Health problems. His back was developing disc problems and he was experiencing arthritis and problems with his left foot. But when he noticed a protuberance growing on his chest, he realized that this growth may be severe, even life threatening. But for the past 3 years there had been no Health care for any of these issues, and this new issue made him realize that he needed Some Kind of Healthcare.
James Verome had never had complaints or problems at his work. He worked hard. He has no Criminal History or history of concern or even any stability issues. He was just a Middle aged man who was laid off after a Long History with one company and like Millions of Americans was not able to find New Employment. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs since 2007 and No One has mentioned that they need Health care, that when they are unemployed there is no money to purchase Expensive Cobra, so they go without. And Mr Verome’s life became one such life, he worked at the Convenience Store, the only job he could find and he lived at the Hampton Inn. There were small meals and much stress. He struggled with his back and Disc problems, and with a sore left foot, but he kept working trying to hold his life together. But then the Growth on his chest appeared.